Posting DetailsPosting Number: S000517
Posting Type: External - Open to All Applicants Job Title: Cheerleading Coach Position Title: Cheerleading Coach Position Type: Staff Classification: 10 Department: Athletics Benefits Summary:
Eligible for voluntary employee contributions into the TIAA 403(b), up to specified federal limits.
Pay Band: Job Summary:
The cheerleading coach for Ohio Northern University will work to insure the safety of all athletes involved in the Cheerleading Program. Squad size is determined by the coach based on available uniforms and qualified individuals.
Preferred USASF certification, CPR/AED certification and individuals with prior experience coaching.
ONU is currently seeking a part-time, Head Cheerleading Coach. The Head Coach will be responsible for coaching the co-ed football and basketball cheerleading team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Recruitment of women and men to attend tryouts and clinics
2. Running the summer tryout and inviting qualified individuals back to Fall Camp.
3. Preparing for Fall Camp (one week before classes start) coordinating early move-in requirements and attending camp.
4. Working closely with squad captains to ensure safety and proper progression for all practices.
5. Attend practices that happen 2 days per week (Mondays/Wednesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm.). The coach must be present at all practices.
6. Attend home games for football and basketball season. The coach must be present at all games.
7. Maintain appropriate spending within the budget as set by Ohio Northern University.
8. Organize and promote all fundraisers (Youth, HS cheer clinics, Shirley's Popcorn fundraiser, etc)
9. As requested by campus organizations, attend student activities to promote school spirit.
Ability to manage the budget and fundraise Supervision of students Scheduling of facilities Public relations
High school diploma or GED.
Bachelor's degree Experience coaching and/or participating in cheerleading
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.
College Description: Appointment Length: 9-months Closing Date: 05/04/2024 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants: Status: Part-TimeSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
Ohio Northern University
May 25, 2023
May 04, 2024