SNAP-Ed Regional Extension Agent - Dallas & Perry Counties
Closing in 6 days
Position InformationJob Title SNAP-Ed Regional Extension Agent - Dallas & Perry Counties
Posting Number P1233F
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Join a dynamic and innovative statewide team working to improve the lives of Alabamians! This is a newly created position which will be part of a cohort of 10 SNAP-Ed Agents across the state.
This position will serve Dallas & Perry counties
The SNAP-Ed Regional Extension Agent is a professional of the Alabama Cooperative Extension System (ACES) who represents the research-based programs and resources available through Auburn University Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program – Education (SNAP-Ed). Regional Extension Agents work collaboratively with SNAP-Ed State Staff, County Extension Coordinators, other regional agents, and community stakeholders to assess needs, develop, and deliver programs within the mission of ACES. This position is a 100% non-tenure track faculty Extension assignment.
This position engages with agencies, organizations, and communities to implement policy, systems and environmental (PSE) strategies to create opportunities that make healthy choices more accessible, easier, and the default choice for limited-resource audiences. This position also develops and delivers quality educational materials to address local needs that align with broader state and national interdisciplinary initiatives. Evaluating and reporting all activities is an integral part of this position. Successful candidates will exemplify a positive attitude and a passion to improve the lives of others.
SNAP-Ed REA's will be supervised by the Federal Nutrition Programs Assistant Director and work under the direction of SNAP-Ed State Specialists. This is not a remote position. Candidates must be fully engaged in the county/counties they are serving, including some evening and/or weekend work.
This is a grant funded position. Funding must be available for any continuation of appointment. Continuous funding has occurred since 1995.
Duties and responsibilities
Program Development, Delivery, and Evaluation
· Establishes respect and rapport with participants, agency partners, and/or volunteers.
· Collaborates with community sites and/or leaders to effect change through PSE strategies
· Participates in coalition work through establishing and maintaining a new coalition, or being an active member of an existing coalition at local and/or regional levels to multiply efforts and to benefit SNAP-Ed clientele
· Conducts local needs assessment for targeted programming
· Assists SNAP-Ed State Specialists in developing and implementing priority programs in response to identified county and state needs, and federal funding objectives
· Prepares and submits evaluation data in a timely manner
· Identifies, develops, and delivers quality educational programs to address local needs and relevant local, state, or national issues
· Establishes oneself as a credible resource for increasing access to healthy food and physical activity in community setting
· Maintains comprehensive knowledge of community services and can act as the liaison to those services
Organizational Leadership and Development
· Appropriately administers and manages materials and financial resources of ACES and SNAP-Ed
· Serves as an active participant and guide in staff development/training
· Informs and educates the public and key stakeholders about program outcomes
· Secures resources (volunteers, contracts, grants, fees, and donations) to support identified needs at county and regional level
· Works effectively with minimal supervision in an unstructured setting
· Assumes other responsibilities as assigned
· A Bachelor's degree in Human Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health, Kinesiology, Food Science, Education, or some other closely related field with at least two years of relevant work experience
· Knowledge of obesity prevention strategies using policy, systems, and environmental approaches
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
· Willingness to deliver educational programming and resources to a diverse clientele · Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively to work as part of a team
· Access to reliable transportation and a valid driver's license. This position requires regular travel to carry out Extension responsibilities, and the successful incumbent must have access to reliable transportation.
After successfully completing a probationary period, the successful incumbent will be required to obtain a Master's degree within five years.
· Master's degree in Human Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health, Kinesiology, Food Science, Education, or some other closely related field is preferred and does not require experience to apply
· Previous Extension experience
· Previous experience in federally funded nutrition education programs, SNAP- Ed or EFNEP
· Evidence of success using policy, systems, and environmental strategies
· Demonstrated competence or ability to teach human nutrition, health promotion and wellness, physical activity, food safety or dietary programs
· Experience building collaborations or community partnerships
· Experience planning, implementing, and evaluating effective educational programs
Special Instructions to Applicants
Minimum Starting Salary
$43,000 for a Bachelor's Degree $47,000 for a Master's Degree
Salary increases for years of relevant, professional work experience
Posting Detail InformationOpen Date 05/11/2023
Close Date 06/11/2023 EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Open Until Filled No References required for this position? Yes If yes, minimum number requested 3Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk ().
(Open Ended Question)Optional & Required Documents
SNAP-Ed Regional Extension Agent - Dallas & Perry Counties
May 25, 2023
June 11, 2023
Agricultural Science,Medicine,Social Science