Post Date : 06-Nov-2023 Close Date : 20-Nov-2023
Title: Senior Operations Team Lead (Clinical)
Location: RCSI, Smurfit Building, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin 9.
Reporting to: Head of Operations.
About the Organisation
The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) is a private, self- financing, not-for-profit medical and surgical college headquartered in Dublin (Ireland) with global reach through its overseas medical universities and health care centres in the Middle East, the Far East and Africa. Since its foundation in 1784, it has played a leadership role in Irish surgical and medical education. Currently, it operates the largest Medical School in Ireland and provides undergraduate education in Physiotherapy, Pharmacy, and Nursing. In addition to Surgery, it also provides postgraduate training and education in Radiology, Dentistry, Nursing & Midwifery, Sports and Exercise Medicine, Healthcare Management and Leadership, and has an Institute of Research.
About Team and Role
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an evolving and expanding team in a fast-paced, dynamic organisation. The successful candidate will work within the Operations and Examinations function of RCSI, providing operational delivery focused support to undergraduate programmes.
As a Team Lead, your principal focus will be to lead a team of approx. 4, to maintain and enhance the planning, implementation, and delivery of Teaching, Learning and Clinical Placement activities spanning the Schools of Medicine, Pharmacy and Physiotherapy.
The post would suit an enthusiastic and self-motivated administrator who is experienced in people management and operational delivery, seeking to further their career. The ability to work independently, managing a busy workload with competing priorities to tight deadlines is essential, as is attention to detail and accuracy. They must have a highly professional approach to work with a willingness to work as part of a team that offers support to colleagues across the institution and possess excellent organisational and communication skills.
To provide effective, efficient, and professional services it is expected that the successful candidate be flexible in terms of hours of work and will maintain confidentiality, diplomacy, and tact regarding internal and external relations.
The operational duties of our Undergraduate teaching programmes will be shared amongst two Senior Operations team leads and a Head of Operations. As a Senior Operations Team Lead, you will manage a team of approx. 4 Operations Coordinators and be responsible for the day to day coordination of the Clinical Team office. Additionally this role will be expected to provide cover, as appropriate, across the full span of undergraduate teaching, learning and Clinical Placement activities as required. The Operations team will work hand-in-hand with the Examinations Team on a daily basis supporting the end to end academic journey for each of the relative programmes.
A key part of this role, in conjunction with the Head of Operations is to maintain a positive working relationship with the Head's of Schools and relative Year Leads to deliver a seamless student journey.
• Provide high-level professional administrative support to academic staff and students.
• To manage the allocation of Student Queries, including placements, to the operations support team including reporting of data as required.
• Management of teaching schedules, including room bookings across RCSI sites.
• To manage the annual update of Moodle and ensure consistency of materials across all programme's and years.
• Management and coordination of the annual Student Rollover.
• Management of Clinical Placements – student and stakeholder management across all RCSI sites via the In Place Technology system (Inc. Sub- Internships and Electives)
• Work closely with Clinical Departments across all associated Hospital sites to ensure timely receipt of student placement information is provided.
• Foster a strong working relationship with the Student Services team in relation to Accommodation requirements for students on Clinical Placement outside of Dublin. Ensuring that any schedule changes are communicated effectively and in a timely manner.
• To manage the allocation of students with reasonable accommodations to appropriate clinical rotations in conjunction with the Learning Support Service.
• To maintain the Vaccination Monitoring programme that tracks immunization requirements across their undergraduate programme.
• Management and coordination of the annual/programme Mandatory Courses and Team training needs (Kaizen / In-Place, Moodle, etc) including statistical reporting of completion data.
• To manage locker allocation across RCSI clinical sites.
• To manage & support the academic journey of Erasmus and Exchange students.
• Continuous Assessment management (a defined list of assessments) including in module assessments and clinical rotation aligned assessments/portfolios – in line with the associated Technology systems.
• Meticulous management of continuous assessment data associated with the Operations Team delivery, ensuring close attention to detail and accuracy of data.
• Overall management and coordination of Student Orientation.
• To manage the annual schedule of Weekly Academic meetings and individual Year Committee meetings
• To manage approved Appeals –processing and amending student records/progression as appropriate.
• Build close working relations with the Examinations Team to ensure seamless delivery of assessments for each of the schools.
• To respond to external (Sponsor) queries and requests in a timely manner.
• To participate in scheduled User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of core technology systems as required.
• Ensure team and individual compliance with the annual PDP process to ensure the team are meeting their professional and individual goals, as well as the strategic goals of the university.
• Management of the associated SOPs (standard operating procedures) and supporting documentation.
• To audit procedures and processes on a regular basis in tandem with the Head of Operations to review effectiveness and efficiency.
• To build and maintain strong working relations with Academic and Clinical teaching Staff in respect of programme management and delivery both locally in Ireland and with our overseas campuses in Bahrain and Malaysia.
• To maintain accurate records and archives in relation to each of the programmes as required.Knowledge & Experience (essential):
• People management experience.
• Excellent IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel
• Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills are required to maximise individual and team effectiveness
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Excellent organisational skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative, and commitment
• Proven record of accomplishment of managing tasks and time
• Adapt positively to change and respond effectively to changing needs and circumstances
• Flexibility to work irregular hours on occasions as required.Knowledge & Experience (desirable):
• Experience and a proven record of accomplishment in a similar role
• Project Management/Process Improvement qualification is an advantage (Lean Six Sigma etc.)
• A background in working with data/databases is advantage
We are all too aware that imposter syndrome and the confidence gap can sometimes stop fantastic candidates putting themselves forward, so please do submit an application — we would love to hear from you.
RCSI make sure you have the resources you need to thrive by offering a wide range of benefits in areas including time away, finance, community, health, and well-being and insuring your financial future. Below are some additional benefits available to you as an RCSI employee:
• Minimum of 20 days annual leave, plus an additional 6.5 Privilege days
• Flexible/hybrid working options for colleagues across many roles
• Additional leave options incl. paid maternity leave, paternity/parental leave, study leave
• 7% Employer pension contribution
• Onsite gym €10 per/mth incl. classes and PT sessions
• Childcare support 20% discount at Giraffe
• Free eye test and annual flu vaccination
• TaxSaver commuter tickets and Bike to Work schemes
• A site sustainability team focusing on the environmental initiatives; Green Campus Initiative '
• Competitively priced café and restaurant
• Equality, Diversity & Inclusion forums, and network groups
• Employee assistance programme with Spectrum Life
• Learning and Development training programmes incl. LinkedIn Learning for career progression
• Discounted services incl. GP visits, 10% off dental, staff parking, mobile tariffs, Group Scheme discount on numerous brands
• Sports and social club incl. yoga, Pilates, fitness classes, Zumba, running club, social evenings, Summer BBQ
• Ticket Draws for events including; Rugby, Taste of Dublin, Dublin Horse Show, theatre, music & comedy events
Please apply online with your CV and Covering Letter. #rcsia
Senior Operations Team Lead (Clinical)
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
November 14, 2023
November 20, 2023