The Bioinformatics and Biostatistics Hub at Institut Pasteur is hiring a research engineer in bioinformatics, for an ERC-funded 4.5-year-long “CDI projet” contract with the potential to evolve into a full CDI after this time.
The engineer will dedicate 80% of her/his time to work in the team headed by Dr. Deczkowska (www. aleksdelab.com). The remaining 20% will be devoted to technical contribution, and training and teaching activities at the Institut Pasteur Bioinformatics Hub.
The Deczkowska lab opened in April 2021 and currently hosts a research engineer, three post-docs, two students, and an administrative assistant as well as a part-time bioinformatician, who will introduce the selected candidate to the position. We collaborate with other labs in neuroscience and immunology departments, as well as core facilities. Our research focuses on exploring different ways via which the immune system can shape the brain function in health and disease. Manipulation of the immune system is used as a therapeutic approach in e.g. oncology. Our vision is to use it in neurological diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease.
To reach this goal, we study how peripheral signals, such as immune cells present at the brain borders, shape brain physiology, how the dysfunction of such communication pathways can contribute to brain aging or disease, and how we can exploit such pathways to cure the brain. We especially focus on the immune niche of the choroid plexus (one of the brain borders), and the skull bone marrow in the contexts of brain development, circadian rhythms, microbiota composition, Alzheimer's disease, and stroke. We use both mouse models and human samples (Baruch, Deczkowska et al., Science, 2014; Schwartz & Deczkowska, TrendsImmune, 2016; A Deczkowska, O Matcovitch-Natan et al, Nat.Comms. 2017; Deczkowska et al., Nat.Neurosci. 2018; Deczkowska et al., Cell. 2018, 2020).
Candidate's Job Description
Click on the following link and select the corresponding profile “Metabolomics data analysis” when this will be proposed:
https: // hub-jobs2023-fall.pasteur.cloud
Please, submit your updated CV and a cover letter (motivation letter). You may indicate contact information for reference letters (3 max.). They will be automatically contacted when you validate your application.
We are a team committed to foster a fair, inclusive and diverse work environment. Diversity has been scientifically established as a key factor to improve scientific objectivity. Hence, all applicants will be evaluated solely based on qualification regardless of gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race or disability.
Research Engineer Position in Bioinformatics at Institut Pasteur Paris
September 19, 2023
October 19, 2023