Research Associate - Green Hydrogen LoCEL H2 Project
Application closing date
Specialist and Supporting Academic Research grade 6 from £33966 to £44263
Wolfson School of Mechanical Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering
Full Time, Fixed Term for 18 months
Here's more about the role and what we're looking for:
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled research associate to work on the LoCEL-H2 project at Loughborough University. The project is a 4-year initiative funded by the EU Horizon program, aimed at developing prosumer micro-grids in Africa including green hydrogen. The successful candidate will be supporting the designing and implementation of experiments, prototyping cells, design test rigs, and to support the development of hydrogen delivery and storage systems. Based in the Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering (Wolfson), the post-holder will work closely with the full project team.
· You'll have research experience in a field such as chemistry, chemical engineering or mechanical or electrical engineering.
· Previous experience of working within a Laboratory environment that deals with hazardous substances (either in industry or University).
· Proven ability to conduct experiments and compile research reports.
· Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Have a degree in a related subject or equivalent experience.
Informal enquiries should be directed to Professor Dani Strickland, via email to [email protected]
For more information refer to the Job Description and Person Specification.
Closing Date: 20 February 2024
Interview Date: TBC
• Generous annual leave allowance up to 44 days (inclusive of Bank Holidays & University closure days) • Competitive pension schemes • A range of childcare support initiatives and benefits including childcare vouchers; on-site university nursery (with salary sacrifice scheme); and holiday play schemes. • We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies. • BUPA Cash Plan (100 scheme) • Employee Assistance Programme • Season ticker loan scheme • On campus parking with charging points for electric vehicles • Fantastic range of sports facilities and preferential membership packages available • Fantastic CPD, Linkedin learning and inclusive resources for development
For candidates who would require sponsorship to work in the UK to achieve sufficient points under the Points Based Immigration System, it is likely that you will either need to:
• Have completed a PhD in a subject relevant to the job. OR • Qualify as a “new entrant”. For more information on this please see paragraphs SW 12.1 - SW 12.7 of the Immigration Rules Appendix Skilled Worker.
Research Associate - Green Hydrogen LoCEL H2 Project
February 09, 2024
February 20, 2024
Agricultural Science,Chemistry,Engineering,Physics,Space Science
About the employer
The history of Loughborough University can be traced back to the establishment of a small technical institute in 1909. Originally, Loughborough University of Technology provided education only in technical subjects like art and science. The university was given its current name in 1996. Currently, the university has 22 academic schools and departments, over 100 research groups, institutes and centers, and over 35 professional services, teams.
Located in the center of Loughborough, UK, the university campus covers an area of 440 acres. The campus has a world-class infrastructure and provides a plethora of facilities like huge lecture theatres, a well-stocked library, well-equipped laboratories, an extensive IT network, a conference center, excellent accommodation, and Loughborough Students' Union. The university also has an arts center, a bank, a health center, two theatres, restaurants, and some shops. Also, it provides the students with excellent sports facilities. The university has a postgraduate campus in London too. Both the campuses have won many awards and rankings for the facilities they offer.
Loughborough University offers numerous undergraduate, doctoral and postgraduate programs in various fields like accounts, finance, engineering, sciences, architecture, business, computer science, management, mathematics, languages, sports, economics, arts, social sciences, media, and psychology. The university houses more than 17,000 students and over 3,700 staff members. It is a member of a renowned international academic network, UNITECH International, and has collaborations with many international institutions like MIT, IIT Delhi, and Nanyang Technological University. It also has strong links with many funding agencies and sponsors like the Brunei High Commission, the Libyan Embassy, Oman Cultural Attaché Office and the Chevening Organization. The university equips the students with the skills and knowledge required to improve their employability and offers them plenty of outstanding career opportunities.
Loughborough University has a large network of alumni. There are more than 178,000 alumni across 169 countries. Sir Peter Bonfield is BT Group's former chief executive. Lord Sebastian Coe is an Olympic athlete well-known for holding the world marathon record. Paula Radcliffe is Williams Formula One team's Head of Vehicle Performance and Rob Smedley's former race engineer. Malcolm Sayer is a successful car and aircraft designer. Rosalind Ayres is a popular English actress. Tanni Grey-Thompson is a television presenter, Welsh politician, and a former wheelchair racer. Clive Woodward used to be an English rugby player and served as the coach for the England rugby team from 1997-2004. There are lots of other distinguished and notable names linked to the university.