About the position
As Australia's first private University, Bond University based at Robina, Gold Coast seeks to be recognised internationally as a leading independent university, imbued with a spirit to innovate, a commitment to influence and a dedication to inspire tomorrow's professionals who share a personalised and transformational student experience.
- Thrive in a fantastic working environment within a supportive team
- Showcase your exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent benefits package, central location and free campus parking
Reception and Administration Officer
Office of Future Students
Full-time, Fixed Term for 12 months
Position Reference No: 100786891
Join Australia’s number one University for student experience*, and enjoy staff benefits including:
- Free staff car parking
- 36.75 hour standard work week
- Salary packaging options for FBT and Non-FBT items#
- 17.5% of base salary leave loading
- Staff wellbeing program
- Study assistance for staff and dependents#
- Corporate health and finance discounts
- Onsite Medical Centre and Counselling Services
- Onsite Sports Centre including gym, fitness classes and pool#
About the Position
The Office of Future Students (OFS) at Bond University has a clear vision to raise the University's global reputation as a premium institution with a distinct value proposition, to generate growth opportunities and to encourage more students to consider, engage with, and ultimately choose to study at Bond University.
This integral role is the initial touchpoint for all prospective future students, along with the broader community seeking information about Bond University. Responsible for ensuring efficient and smooth operations to assist all visitors and external and internal stakeholders, the Reception and Administration Officer connects with the University’s main incoming phone lines and Office of Future Students via phone, in-person or online channels.
This position is a customer facing role that will be physically situated at the reception desk in the Office of Future Students.
About the person
The successful candidate will be available to work from 8.30am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday and will possess the following:
- Experience in a similar role, preferably within a large organisation
- Highly developed customer service skills with an innovative approach to go the extra mile
- Effective self-management skills including the ability to prioritise, problem solve, meet deadlines, and follow through to completion of tasks.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM system
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
The salary for the position commences at $66,517.31 per annum, plus 12% superannuation.
Position-related enquiries can be directed to [email protected].
Application and submission details
For further details regarding this appointment, please reference the Position Description and Selection Criteria.
Applicants can apply using the Apply Now button. All candidates are required to register online via our candidate portal prior to submitting an application. We request that you submit the necessary supporting documents to support your online application. These documents should include your Curriculum Vitae/Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the Position Description above.
For current Bond University staff, apply directly via HR Connect, log in with staff credentials, from the Home dashboard select Careers, select the role and apply.
If you require any assistance with your application submission, please visit Applying for jobs at Bond.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Tuesday 20th February 2024
Applicants must have current work rights in Australia at the time of application. This status will be verified as part of the recruitment process.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to produce a certified copy of their highest qualification received prior to commencement of duty.
Conditions of employment are offered under a Bond Workplace Agreement (BWA).
Bond University is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage our students and staff to respect individuality and diversity. In line with Bond University’s values, people from diverse backgrounds, women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people who identify as LGBTIQ+, and people with a disability are encouraged to apply for positions at the University.
#Eligibility criteria or membership fees apply
*Good Universities Guide 2006-2022