Minister of Music and Arts
Website Antioch Baptist Church
JOB DESCRIPTION TITLE: Minister of Music and Arts
POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Pastor
Antioch Baptist Church (ABC) of Fairfax Station, VA is seeking a Minister of Music and Arts to model, serve, and lead the body of Christ in worship, discipleship, and outreach through the music and art ministries. Being one of demonstrated integrity and personal ethics, he/she must also demonstrate a focused effort that elicits confidence, provides encouragement, creates engagement, and inspires excitement about the present and the future of music at ABC.
• Professed faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and have demonstrated evidence of faithful service to the Lord Jesus Christ through the church or other Christian faith-based organizations.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a choir director, minister of music, or an equivalent position.
• Ability to interpret and teach music (read, play, and write).
• Strong music vocal skills.
• Musical proficiency and skill in at least one instrument.
o piano, guitar, organ, harp, or other well-regarded instrument that enables the director to play and direct all facets of church music.
• Exhibit a high degree of musicianship across multiple genres of music.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with an emphasis on listening and problem solving.
• Ability to collaborate, energize, and engage with all levels and ages of music enthusiasts to attain the highest level of talent and reach the congregation through music.
• Proven leadership skills in the field of music and arts.
• BA degree, preferably in Music Education or equivalent experience in music, music education or related field.
• Extensive network of resources in the music industry.
• Experience in mentoring and developing worship leaders.
• Knowledge with technical aspects i.e., sound boards, presentation software, video.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Minister of Music and Arts is responsible to the Pastor for the development and promotion of the music, arts, drama, and worship ministry of the church.
• Assist the Pastor in planning all services of worship and communicate any changes to appropriate music leaders.
• Act as a resource on music industry trends and knowledge to assist the Pastor and members of the ministerial staff.
• Demonstrate experience and expertise that allows for the development and implementation of an annual Music and Arts Ministry Plan and program budget.
• Direct the planning, organizing, conducting, and evaluating of a comprehensive music and worship program including choirs, dance, vocal and/or instrumental ensembles.
• Develop a music and arts ministry that displays a balance of Gospel, spirituals, contemporary and classical music.
• Develop musical teams, choirs, and ensembles for services.
• Provide training and development to other fellow musicians as well as those who have a desire to learn about the ministry.
• Demonstrate a servants' heart by creating a true and deep connection with people or experiences.
• Train and staff the music, worship, and media ministry to carry out the mission of each ministry in accordance with budget and operational guidelines.
• Supervise the work of assigned paid and non-paid staff workers, as applicable.
• Maintain authorization log for copyright material and obtain authorization for church to perform and/or copy artist's material. Maintain church copyright license.
• Arrange and/or provide music for funerals, special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities upon request. Also, provide music for local church weddings as schedule allows.
• Plan, organize, and promote music and arts activities such as tours, workshops, clinics, and programs that will elevate the spiritual output of the department.
• Maintain music library, materials, supplies, musical instruments, and other equipment, along with overseeing a preventive maintenance program.
• Stay abreast of the latest advances in music industry technology, methods, materials, and the ability to apply those advancements, where appropriate, to the Music and Arts programs.
• Once hired, must become a member in good standing at the Antioch Baptist Church.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Successful completion of a criminal background check
Reference Checks – Professional and Personal
Verification of degrees
Pass Child/Youth Protection Certification
Valid Driver's License
90 days probationary period
Please send resumes to [email protected]. The application process for the Minister of Music and Arts position will close on midnight, May 28, 2023.
To apply for this job, please click here https: // justchurchjobs.com/apply/3145
Minister of Music and Arts
Dallas Christian College
May 27, 2023
May 28, 2023
Arts and Culture,Education