As an Entry-Level 3D Environment Artist, you will play a vital role in shaping the visual landscapes of our games. You will create low-poly and high-poly 3D models of environmental assets, meticulously following concept art and design specifications to achieve stunning results. Utilizing hand-painted or PBR workflows, you will texture assets, bringing them to life with captivating visual details. Your collaboration with level designers and art leads will ensure proper integration and optimization of assets, contributing to seamless and engaging gameplay experiences. Your familiarity with integrating final delivery assets into game engines like Unity and/or Unreal, along with your proficiency in industry-standard 3D software such as Maya, Blender, and Substance Painter, will enable you to excel in this role. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on-site with a passionate team, showcase your artistic talent, and contribute to the creation of immersive environments in our globally acclaimed games.
• Create low-poly and high-poly 3D models of environmental assets based on concept art and design specifications.
• Texture assets using hand-painted or PBR workflows to achieve stunning visual details and realism.
• Collaborate with level designers and art leads to ensure seamless integration and optimization of assets in the game environment.
• Utilize your familiarity with integrating final delivery assets into game engines like Unity and/or Unreal to ensure smooth implementation.
• Demonstrate proficiency in industry-standard 3D software, such as Maya, Blender, and Substance Painter, to produce high-quality assets.
• Stay updated with industry trends and best practices in 3D environment art, continually improving your skills and knowledge.Requirements
• BA in Art Media, graphic design or equivalent relevant experience (bachelor's in fine arts, computer animation, illustration, digital arts, media arts or master's of fine arts in animation or visual effects for example).
• Previous AAA/Indie/PC games, mobile games and NFT projects or at minimum a passion for games and knowledge of the gaming industry.
• Good understanding of creative briefs, able to consider elements such as context, timescales and creative constraints when solving tasks.
• A keen eye for spinning narrative and life into a character, props and special effects.
• Excellent time management skills, able to meet deadlines and multitask.
• Excellent creative thinking skills, able to solve creative problems through innovative solutions, balancing flow, function and aesthetics.
• Solid understanding of both realistic and cartoon human/creature poses and keyframe animations.
• Proficient skills at creating facial expressions and animations in conjunction with blendshapes or similar.
• The ability to provide multiple creative options, then iterate upon them as projects progress.
• Knowledge of computer 2D/3D animation techniques, motion design and camera movement principles. Able to animate characters, objects and special effects.
• Skilled at working within Maya and Motion Capture data to create the animations.
• Experienced with animation mockups, able to plan and generate asset libraries to help smooth the pipeline.
• Strong collaborative attitude. A receptive individual who's open to take feedback and working together with team-mates on streamlining and improving the animation pipelines/processes and deliverables.
• Experienced with working across departments to provide the most optimized format for the best in-game performance.
• High level of proficiency in 2D/3D editing and software tools like Maya, After Effects CC, Premier Pro CC, Adobe Flash, Animate CC environment, Photoshop CC and Illustrator CC to be able to deliver any kind of good quality 2D/3D assets.
• Supportive attitude, eager to guide other animators in the team and take ownership.
Nice to have:
• A solid background in academic drawing, sketching and/or illustration is a major asset.
• Ability to draw in a variety of styles and genres with knowledge of lighting, perspective, material finishes and special effects, and a cinematic eye for lighting and shading.
• Big plus: proficiency with Unity (or another game engine), with the ability to import, export and set up the animation state machine with devs and troubleshoot issues.
• Experience with 3D tools, texturing in both Low/High poly and texture painting skills.
• Knowledge of animation, Illustrator, Flash, Unity engine, particle effects creation programs (e.g. combustion, particle illusion, fork) and motion graphics programs (eg After Effects).
• Good understanding of the 2D/3D rigging process and different technical software.
Entry-Level 3D Environment Artist
November 20, 2023
December 20, 2023
Arts and Culture