Job Title: Enrollment Navigator
Requisition ID: req1082
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Number of Months: 12
Location: Tyler, TX
Work with prospective students to complete enrollment requirements and obtain needed information in order to register successfully. Help students navigate through all aspects of enrollment with enthusiasm, exceptional communication, engagement, outreach and attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and DUTIES
• Employ technology and strategies to help students navigate through the enrollment and registration process
• Provide guidance and support through the enrollment process assisting students as needed with the submission of required documentation and completion of registration activities
• Ensure students have a plan to pay by assisting with the financial aid and scholarship application process
• Contact assigned roster of admitted students to set up initial and follow-up appointments
• Track and monitor student progress
• Follow communication plan to keep student momentum moving, assisting students as needed to overcome enrollment obstacles
• Clearly communicate enrollment requirements and refer to campus resources as needed to ensure student success
• Cultivate connections with students to keep them engaged in the process
• Develop and conduct programs and workshops to assist students and parents through the enrollment process
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Understanding of the higher education student services experience and how to best help students navigate through the enrollment process. Tyler Junior College Human Resources
• Skills using technology in the enrollment process including email, text, internet, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to contribute to a dynamic, student-focused team culture that delivers excellent customer service and personal attention to students and parents
• Bachelor's degree
• Demonstrated ability to use technology in the enrollment navigation process
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Strong interpersonal communication competence both written and oral
• Demonstrated ability to manage time effectively with multiple priorities
• Customer-service oriented
• Prior experience working with higher education database software
• Previous higher education student services experience and/or case management experience
• Two years of closely related experience
• Bilingual language skills
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Will have contact – in person, by email, or by phone – with staff, students, and the general public.
· Must exhibit a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of staff and students and to staff and students with disabilities.
· Must have and maintain a current valid Texas driver's license and an acceptable driving record
Other Job Specific Requirements
• Ability to work evenings and weekends as business needs dictate
NOTE: With or without reasonable accommodation, the individual in this position must possess the competencies and must be able to perform the essential functions and duties of the job as described above - including essential tasks requiring specific physical demands. The position description is not inclusive of all responsibilities and expectations and may be amended with or without prior notice.
Tyler Junior College
May 26, 2023
June 11, 2023