Canoo's mission is to bring EVs to Everyone and build a world-class team to deploy this sustainable mobility revolution. We have developed breakthrough electric vehicles that are reinventing the automotive landscape with pioneering technologies, award-winning designs, and a unique business model that spans all owners in the full lifecycle of the vehicle. Canoo is starting production and is distinguished by its pioneering and experienced team of technologists, engineers, and designers. With offices around the country, the company is scaling quickly and seeking candidates who love to challenge themselves, are motivated by purpose, and possess a strong desire to get things done.
The “Canoo Way”
Canoo's success is the direct result of our disciplined application of our core operating principles and drills, which are based on three main principles: Think 80/20 (“Important versus less important”), Act 30/30 (“Reduce waste and increase output”), and Live 90/10 (“We have each other's back”). We hire based on “MET” - Mindset, Equipment, and willingness to Train - and seek individuals that take accountability and deliver results while being Humble, Hungry to succeed, and Hunting for opportunities to win. We train our team to engage with each other by modulating between their intellect (iQ) and emotional intelligence (eQ), applying Facts, Finesse, and Force when they communicate. The principles and drills of the CANOO Way have been fundamental to our success, our ability to grow, continuously improve, and innovate are at the core of our day-to-day operations.Overview
As a BIW Launch Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth transition from product development to mass production ramp up phases. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to optimize processes, resolve issues, and ensure that our vehicles meet the highest quality and performance standards.Responsibilities
· Develop and execute detailed launch plans, including timelines, budgets, and resource allocation, to meet project objectives.
· Assess manufacturing facilities, equipment, and processes for readiness and scalability to achieve production targets.
· Collaborate with Quality Control teams to establish and maintain strict quality standards throughout the production process.
· Collaborate with stakeholders to identify automation opportunities and evaluate the feasibility and cost-effectiveness of proposed solutions.
· Lead and mentor a team of production personnel and technicians, fostering a culture of collaboration, creativity, and continuous improvement
· Set clear performance goals for the team and provide regular feedback to ensure high levels of productivity and motivation.
· Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with existing manufacturing processes and equipment
· Optimize the workflows to increase productivity, reduce cycle times, and enhance product quality while maintaining cost efficiency
· Work closely with cross-functional teams, including Production, Engineering, Quality, and Maintenance, to align objectives and drive effective collaboration
· Prepare regular reports on welding process performance, improvements, and key performance indicators (KPIs) for management review.Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in robotics, mechanical, manufacturing engineering, or a related field
· At least 5+ years of experience in the automotive or similar industry.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge of BIW manufacturing processes and equipment and assembly flow.
· Ability to read and interpret system layouts, engineering drawings, and specifications.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word ,Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
· Willingness to travel as required up to 25% of the timeWhat's Cool About Working Here...
Canoo is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, past or present military service or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles submitted in response to our job posting shall be considered the property of Canoo Inc. and its subsidiaries and are not subject to payment of referral or placement fees if any such candidate is later hired by Canoo unless you have a signed written agreement in place with us which covers the applicable job posting.
Canoo maintains compliance with the OFCCP. As such, please feel free to review the following information:
https: // www. dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters
https: // www. dol.gov/agencies/olms/poster/labor-rights-federal-contractors
If you are a person with a disability needing assistance with the application process, please call (214) 529-8055 or email us at [email protected]
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Employment Opportunity Posters U.S. Department of Labor (dol.gov)
BIW Launch Engineer
September 15, 2023
October 15, 2023
About the employer
Canoo's mission is to bring EVs to Everyone. The company has developed breakthrough Multi-Purpose Platforms and digital ecosystems that are reinventing the automotive landscape with bold innovations in design, pioneering technologies, and a unique business model that spans the full lifecycle of the vehicle.
Distinguished by its experienced team from leading technology and automotive companies – Canoo has designed a modular electric platform purpose-built to deliver maximum vehicle interior space that is customizable across all owners in the vehicle lifecycle to support a wide range of vehicle applications for consumers and businesses.
Canoo has teams in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Michigan and California.